Have you always wanted to mentor a young child, have a passion for bringing people together, or the ability to make things happen? Well, now is your opportunity! Whatever talents or skills you have, GA Elite Baseball would like to have you as a volunteer! The best volunteers are those who can bring added enjoyment to the game simply by being themselves.
As a coach, no baseball experience is required! All coaches will go through the GA Elite Baseball certification and training process. In addition, coaches new to the game will be paired with experienced coaches. Also, all coaches will attend a seminar(s) sponsored by the Atlanta Braves.
If coaching is not your thing, there are other ways to get involved. GA Elite Baseball is seeking volunteers who can provide support on the logistical side of the organization as well. We are looking for volunteers in the areas of concessions, marketing, recruiting, fund raising, field maintenance, equipment, umpires, player agent, safety officer, internet/information officer, etc.
All parents of children involved in GA Elite Baseball are strongly encouraged to volunteer. As a parent, volunteer, you have an opportunity to spend quality time with your child in a safe, fun-filled environment. Oftentimes, parent and child social lives parallel each other. Volunteering allows your life and your child’s life to intersect on common ground, with shared interests and goals.
So don't delay, Contact Mrs. Linda Drayton and join in this historic and fun adventure.
1. Batters are trained to hit with power and to drive the ball to all parts of the field.
2. Baserunners will develop proper base running techniques (leadoff , stealing, getting back, sliding, rounding bases effectively and learn to read the ball off the bat to make the appropriate base running play ).
3. Pitchers are trained on mechanics, location, power, balance, pitch types, fielding their positions, and rotating correctly when the ball is in play.
4. Catchers are trained in the areas of framing, blocking, pop times, throw down accuracy and learning to call the game (pitches) themselves.
5. Infielders will develop footwork, range, front hands, back hands, flips, throwing from different angles, charging the ball under control, and making accurate throws .
6. Outfielders will learn to track the ball, correct route running, getting behind the ball, fielding ground balls, and making strong accurate throws through the cut off and to the base.
7. Players will develop their strength, speed, and agility. This is an area of baseball development that all players should give more attention to. They will also receive our "Power-Up Conditioning" manual to use in team training and at home.
8. Players will be trained on various defensive situations within the game. This is one area of the game that is often times over looked. Every time the ball is hit each player must move to a specific location on the field and fulfill a specific role. Players will learn a variety of bunt coverage, single cuts, double cuts, and other situations to give the player an elite mental edge. They will also receive our "Defensive Playbook" manual to assist them in team training and to study at home.
My son has been training and playing for Coach Raul Combest and Coach Jamaal Combest, for the past 5 years. Their knowledge for the game and ability to impart that knowledge to their players is second only to their passion for developing boys into young men that exude honor and integrity. Thank you so much for the impact that you have had on my son and our family. -Love the Harris family
Working with Coach Raul Combest and Coach Jamaal has been a tremendous blessing. Their guidance, support and wealth of knowledge relative to what it takes to be a successful student and baseball player in high school and beyond has been invaluable and we are forever grateful.
-The White Family
I met Coach Raul & Jamaal Combest in 2015 when my son Allen was in Little League. I enrolled Allen into their baseball developmental program. Now 4 years later, under their constant tutelage, Allen is a rising Junior and has 3 scholarship offers. Thank you for your continuing efforts to make Allen the player and person that he is. -Franklin Mateo
I just wanted to thank you so much for all that you do and share a little story with you. Les came home obviously disappointed from the big loss today but instead of sulking, he went straight to the garage and started working out. He played wall ball for 30 minutes, did 15 minutes of stairs and took 200 swings against a bag. This kid is d
I just wanted to thank you so much for all that you do and share a little story with you. Les came home obviously disappointed from the big loss today but instead of sulking, he went straight to the garage and started working out. He played wall ball for 30 minutes, did 15 minutes of stairs and took 200 swings against a bag. This kid is determined like I have never seen and I owe it to you and your team! Thank you so much!!!!
Jennifer Baker - Sept. 2020
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission.